Thursday, January 22, 2009

 

The Return of B-Mac


This evening I had the good luck to have a 4 or 5-minute interview with Julie Hays on the evening news on KWTX, our local CBS station. Julie is a very quick read, and one of the most impressive people I've dealt with in the media, as you can tell by her questions.

Anyways, I'm waiting in the green room for the news to start (it was a live interview), and Julie comes in to chat. She mentions that the A-V guy will be there in a minute to wire me up for sound, and just then he arrives. To my true joy, it was none other than Brian McKinney, known to Razorites as B-Mac. I had no idea that Brian worked at the TV station, but it all kind of... fit.

What do I mean, you ask? Well, a few years ago I had a Bad High School poetry contest here on the Razor. B-Mac won with this amazing (and prescient) entry:

They need A/v
Calling, always calling,
Help them set up projectors...
Only to be mocked.


[Also, if you can find the clip by scrolling over, check out the Harry Potter-style picture of the Justices where they move around]

Comments:
Fun fact: I went to high school with Julie AND she is married to one of our current Baylor Law students.
 
Tomorrow can we do depressed High School High-ku?
 
Justin,
Isn't that TWO fun facts?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#