Saturday, January 10, 2009

 

Happy Birthday to Tydwbleach!



It's kind of funny about the Razor... when I started it in 2006, the point was to connect with my students at a different level. I wanted them to see that profs are a little more complex than what they might see in class, that we can even be funny or food-obsessed or whatever, completely apart from our relationship with the law. At the very start, too, that is how it worked; my readers were almost all current students at BLS who migrated over from other law school blogs. Quickly, though, the readership got more diverse. I found comments from old friends, people at other schools, BLS grads, folks at the GM PR department, and some people I had never met before who just became a part of the community. Tydwbleach is a member of this last group. We have never actually met, but she has been a big part of the Razor from the start.

Apparently, Tyd is from the same town as I am and went to school with my little brother. She probably was trying to find out what happened to him, ended up googling me, and... well, there you go, as we say in the Midwest.

The past few years have been a challenge for Tyd. Her house exploded because the phone company filled it with natural gas. Not many of us has to deal with something like that, but she toughed it out, apparently lived with a goat for several months, and now is in a new house.

Happy Birthday, Tyd!

Comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tyd!!!!
 
The Razor is like stumbling into a goofy neighborhood full of funny and slightly eccentric people. I want a house in that neighborhood.
 
Happy birthday, Tyd.
 
Haha I think you are missing some other people's birthdays.
 
THANK YOU!


I have already watched the DVDs MIGHTY MACHINES, Hard Hat Harry AND Kung Fu Panda, so how much better could my birthday get???

I think Spencer may have planned this day...

You know, I never did get in touch with your brother. But its okay!

This is a wacky but great neighborhood and I am more than happy to be a a wacky neighbor! However I have a dire warning..
If you see a bunch of guys in orange vests and they are towing large spools of big orange cable and this thing called a DITCH WITCH???

RUN.
Trust me.

We would never have found our excellent attorneys without you guys. So thank you for that too. And for the Pontiac Aztec. At first I did not like that it was bright yellow but I really do love it now!!!

http://oglobo.globo.com/blogs/arquivos_upload/2008/02/198_2738-pontiac-aztec.jpg

She's a beauty. THANK YOU , RAZOR!!!!
 
Hey Tyd,

I had a friend in GM marketing back when they brought out the Aztec and it was her job to market the thing - yikes. Needless to say, she has moved onto sportsmarketing for ATT ~ think Michael Phelps Olympic commercials.

And I like living in this wacky neighborhood.

I use to live in that snowy house featured a couple of weeks ago. Now I live in the woods with a commune of deer, cats, dogs and my husband! Oh and my mother-in-law down the drive 500 yards.
 
There are things I miss about Grosse Pointe, and things I don't. I am very happy here in Oregon!! Explosions and all!
 
Happy Birthday, Tyd!
 
That looks like Jefferson Dorm (another Osler related building that had a BAD accident) in the background, but the photo looks too recent.
 
Birthday Update: 6:00 PM

Watched an extended length DVD of Dora the Explorer, and Spencer spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone with his grandmother telling her what he wants for HIS birthday.

Also, we ate the cake BEFORE dinner... I am now convinced that Spencer planned this entire day.

But the cake had sprinkles!
 
8:41 PM BIRTHDAY UPDATE:

We had dinner BEFORE the cake so we all had a piece of cake about 3 PM. Around 7 Bill and Spencer went to get Papa Murphy Pizza while I stayed upstairs. I thought they had taken the dog, Amy.

They had not.

I came down when they got home to put the pizza in the oven and set the table. I looked on the kitchen table at my cake. IT HAD DISAPPEARED!!!!

THE DOG ATE THE ENTIRE REST OF MY BIRTHDAY CAKE.

That is because she is a very bad dog, and further proof that we should have just gotten a PUG in the first place. A PUG would NEVER EAT A PERSON'S ENTIRE BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!
 
Happy Birthday Tyd!!

I wonder if Osler's brother might take a turn guest blogging. He sounds pretty cool, especially if he knows Tyd from the old days. (Ah the stories he might tell!)

Anonymous, you hit the nail on the head, this is a very cool neighborhood, like Seasame Street, Wisteria Lane and Stepford...without the death, robots and Elmo, that is. I am so happy to reside in this virtual village and so glad to have gotten to know all of you!
 
IPLG-

That IS a William and Mary dorm, from this year. Good catch! (No actual Tyds are included in the photo).
 
Tyd
I hope that cake wasn't chocolate - not good for dogs. I suspect your pooch was quite sick last night after all that sugar ~ LOL.
 
She seemed fine. But then our last dog one ate a frisbee, screws, some carpeting and half a bottle of Darvocet and lived.

You know, we really DO feed her.

Osler's bro guest blogging would be entertaining but I doubt he remembers much about me, other than that I was a SuperNerdGirl in a lot of plays.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#