Monday, December 22, 2008

 

How cold is it?


Here in Detroit, it is two degrees.

Yikes.

Comments:
31 degrees in The Woodlands.
 
In DC it's 18, but with the freezing wind gusts it feels like about zero.
 
Here in Waco, it got down to 19 AND the heater in the front of the house went out.

But earlier on Saturday, we were in the Hillsboro Outlet Mall parking lot when a woman coming out of the lot at a high rate of speed ran a stop sign. She inexplicably cut her wheels and sped up AND HER TWO DRIVER'S SIDE WHEELS (she had front wheel drive) RODE UP AND ACROSS MY HOOD! She stayed balanced on the other two wheels for another couple of heartbeat (or so I heard, my heart had stopped temporarily), then fell back on four wheels.
No one was hurt. She confessed. We had witnesses. Hillsboro police were there in two-three minutes. There tire tracks across my Toyota Camry's hood, it is indented slightly from the weight and the bumper is slightly separated from the chassis from her descent ... but we were able to drive home!
Oh, and we talked about the hand writing "Mene meme tekel upsharsin" in Sunday School.
Bob
 
Whoa! That event sounds like it too could have come straight out of the Book of Daniel. Scary, but thank goodness no one was injured.

Poor Swissgirl, et al, it is a balmy 32 degrees here in Austin. When does Spring begin?
 
Minneapolis: -8 Air temp this morning. Wind Chill -20 or so. I did not ride my bike to work today.
 
Great, I guess I'll have that to look forward to this weekend.
 
We started the day at 22 degrees this morning. It is a balmy 34 degrees at 3:30 We started a fire and the house smells great.

Time for some hot coco
 
It is cold in DC., but no snow. Last week we had rain, but it was not cold enough. Why can't the two be combined. I love this area, but I am still a little irritated at my parents for moving us here away from Ohio and real winters... 40 years ago last week. Wow.
 
Christine, you know how to party, I am coming to your place for Christmas! :) Can you bake some brownies too? I can bring Tyd, if I can dig her out of the ice and snow in Oregon. Can Swissgirl come too?

Ugh, Texas is just damp and cold, without any hope of joyous snow. I guess I could start a fire. Although, I don't think I have used the fireplace at my house in...um, ever.
 
Now it is up to 12 degrees. I took off my shirt! (I did keep the sweater, vest, and parka on, though).
 
Oh, and Bob-- that's just so... wrong. How do these people find you?
 
Brownies - I am making sample desserts for my sister-in-law as we are going to cater a party for her next month. Brownie Bites, mini-cheesecakes, mini pecan cups (all bite size food).

Prof - love the snow on Colonial Rd.
 
I guess my feng shui is just wrong, Mark.
Or perhaps I was a Republican in a previous life.
Bob
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Anon 5:05 - many of us were Republicans in our former lives.

Prof - Gotta love the heat in those old 1920 homes - that I don't miss. Gurgling radiator heat. Soon you will be wearing down booties and shorts.
 
Flannel pajamas and flannel sheets are the way to go in this weather . . . and maybe those flannel or fleece-lined jeans from L. L. Bean . . .

Thanks for the invite, Ginger! It'd be nice . . .
 
As RRL always says - It's so cold in the D... - WARNING!!! Explicit Language!
 
Y'all can visit Durham on Google Earth. As they say at Motel 6 "We'll leave the light on!"

Tonight it is only the light from the stars. Orion's Belt is shining bright.
 
Manhattan, KS - 1 degree w/wind chill of -11.
 
Here by the fire, it's a toasty 78. More toddie, please!
 
It is about 26 degrees here in Oregon. Everyone is freaking out. There are like seriously 8 inches AT LEAST of snow on the ground. We also had freezing rain and an ice storm so that the branches on my birch tree in the front yard are coated in ice. It is bowed down so low to the ground now with the weight of the ice and snow that it is like an upside down U. I am so afraid we are gonna lose the tree!

School was out for an entire WEEK and all of the moms I know are just LOSING IT. I just sent Bill and Spencer off to the Canby pool for Free Swim. It lasts two hours and I am SURE no one is there... We already baked and decorated and wrapped and I am completely out of ideas. We have watched every Winnie the Pooh and Go Diego GO movie and every other kids movie we have about 199 times. Spencer has been playing games on NickJr.com and Sprout Online.com for hours at a time. Every mom I know is JUST LOSING THEIR MINDS.. We are all FREEZING, STUCK and GOING INSANE out here in the Pacific NW!!!!!!! We cannot even really get out to get Christmas wrapping paper. We have to wrap our presents in paper that says HAPPY BIRTHDAY! hahahahah I will just tell the kid that the elves goofed up. When in doubt, blame the elves.

While they are out I have to figure out how to wrap a razor scooter. Such FUN.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#