Saturday, November 01, 2008

 

Hoo, boy-- Mrs. Shirley Nagel is a real meanie


[The photo shows the pumpkins I carved for Halloween. The one on the left has a bit of a stomach virus. It is that one which I now dedicate to Mrs. Shirley Nagel of Grosse Pointe, Michigan, for reasons that quickly will become clear]

Some of us here on the Razor are originally from Grosse Pointe, Michigan, where there are people who take their politics waaaaaay too seriously-- such as Mrs. Nagel, who was an alternate delegate at the Republican convention in St. Paul. From the story in the Detroit News:

Shirley Nagel passed out candy Friday -- but only to those who shared her support for Republican presidential candidate John McCain and running mate Sarah Palin.

A sign was posted Friday outside Nagel's house and it served notice to all trick-or-treaters, according to Channel 2/WJBK-TV. It read: "No handouts for Obama supporters, liars, tricksters or kids of supporters."

On Saturday afternoon, the sign was no longer there.

Nagel told WJBK-TV that "Obama's scary." When asked about children who'd been turned away empty-handed and crying, she said: "Oh well. Everybody has a choice."

Thanks to Tyd for sending this GP news along, and Christine for the video tip (and RFDIII for sending me the singing hockey mom).

Comments:
I remember the Nagel name. Didn't Mrs. Nagel work at North?

Do your Razor readers know about Devil's Might? I understand they had some extra Nat'l Guard troops in Detroit - just in case...

Yes, they do take their politics too seriously in GP. That is why we are not invited to my parents Election Night party in FL. I was going to suggest they serve some 'Barack'-oli along with the John McCain Yankee Doodle Macaroni salad but I'm not sure they would get the joke.
 
There was a Nagel at GPN, but this person doesn't apepar to be the same family.

Thanks Tyd
 
Secret ballots: so you can have your vote and your candy too.
 
Local news interview with meanie on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkBE0lWeYU
 
Aw, sad!

The Brits are so more refined.
 
This week on the Post Secret site (yes, I am one of those girls that reads it every week), there's a 'secret' that says "I always pick up after my dogs... except if there's an Obama sign in the yard!"
 
I remember a Shirley Nagel who worked at the City of GPW as the person in charge of water bills.

We don't have Devil's Night here in Oregon. We don't have Mrs. Nagel either...


My friend Nancy sent it to me. I HAD TO fwd it ... it was too INSANE!!! This is better than Kwame!
 
hmmm... back home looks pretty warm now.
 
Ms. Shirley Nagel was just named WORST person on Keith Olberman's show tonight (11/3).

Way to go Shirley!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#