Monday, November 10, 2008

 

Good News about American Violet


Some of you may remember the continuing saga of American Violet, the film which chronicles a case I worked on several years ago, and which largely focuses on the efforts of my former student, David Moore. I got to see the movie last month, and not only was it wonderful, but it portrays Baylor Law in a very favorable light. (The guy playing me wears a bolo tie and seems to be a good dancer, but I'm ok with those inaccuracies).

Last week, the film was picked up for distribution by Samuel Goldwyn Films. Given that it is a film about race and justice, I'm not surprised that this deal was completed just after the election. What this means is that the movie will make it out into theaters sometime in March.

As I have said before, what David did is a great story that deserves to be told, and the filmmakers did a great job with it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#