Friday, October 24, 2008

 

Haiku Fall Friday

First of all, I'd like to thank my guest bloggers on Political Mayhem Thursday for the past four weeks-- RRL, Lane, the Waco Farmer, and IPLawGuy. A good job by all. If there are others that would like a crack at it, feel free to email me. I'll be around, except for lunch with the Spanish Medievalist.

Classes end next week as the fall quarter comes to a close. It still seems odd-- part of my brain still seems to be on semesters. The beauty of haiku during finals is that they are short, meaningful, and fun. Here, I'll give you a wide variety of topics:

1) IPLawChildren (pictured below)
2) The most efficient way to fail a class
3) Bates' Halloween costume
4) My 501(K)
5) Quoting Monty Python
6) Quoting the Simpsons
7) Fear of dentistry
8) Anxiety
9) Joe the Plumber
10) Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album

Here is mine:

Sarah Palin Brooke--
That one's a real cutie-pie!
But... she barfs a lot.

Now it is your turn...

Comments:
How to fail a class?
Here's what I did, too often:
Drink beer. Oversleep.

Don't do that these days.
There's too much at stake for me:
Support family.
 
IPLawGuy? Friend!
Known him twenty-seven years.
There are few better.
 
UCC-laden swallow?
or common-law laden swallow?
Jedi Master Bates can help!
 
This AM woke to
kid in bed, dog, PBS KIDS.
NEED a bigger bed.

5:30 AM
Too early for "Jack's Big Music
Show." I need more sleep.

IPLAW found us our
lawyer when house exploded.
And his kids? TOO Cute.

IPLAW and IPLAW
WIFE ROCK!!! Yawnnnn. Need coffee.
Coffee. Coffee now.
 
Need to go away
Joe the Plumber stalking me...
Oh, wait, that's Bates.
 
Sarah Palin's skirt,
Cost more than my small black car,
I fear red high heels.
 
Would much prefer to
Hear Jackson's "Plumber" album
"PVC"- good song.
 
Snorkel and flippers
Don't take candy from this man
High water resuce
 
I did not show up
for class all semester long
Failure was certain



Required reading
I couldn't afford my books
Money spent on beer
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Don't have a cow man
Homer drinks another Duff
while Lisa plays sax



Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam
Mister Kreasot explodes
means more Spam for me
 
Bates and Joe Plumber,
two categories combined.
High Water Rescue.
 
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam
spam, spam, spam, lovely spam.
Well, that was easy.
 
"J-Day" approaches
been here, done that all before
hate first day readings
 
I would say you fail
By coming late to the test
Brennan proved me wrong.
 
Joe the Plumber? Or
Is it Jake "The Snake" Plumber?
I get them confused.
RFDIII
 
An ode to the 'stache
I do not like it one bit
Makes Jeffy look odd.

Odd, not in good way
Freakish color, way too dark
I WILL shave 'stache off!!

Now?? November first.
I will fix hair color, too.
I miss old Jeffy

Mrs. CL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#