Tuesday, October 28, 2008

 

Gordon Davenport has left the building...


Gordon Davenport came by and hauled off a big pile of stuff he has been storing on my back porch. Amazingly, after five years of law school (well, three years of law school and two years of clerking for Judge Smith here in Waco and helping me out a lot at law school), Gordon is leaving the state.

But don't worry-- he has a good reason. Gordon is leaving to begin work as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Tucson.

Now, this is a pretty remarkable development. This is the first time I have heard of someone being hired as an AUSA right off of a clerkship (other than through DOJ's Honors Program). In fact, I clerked and then worked for three years in a big firm before I could make the same move.

Gordon is going to be a great prosecutor. I'm so glad he is getting the opportunity, too-- but very sad, selfishly, that he will step into his gigantic SUV, pack up 18 liters of Coke and a cooler of seafood for the journey, and head west with an open road and a great future ahead of him.

Comments:
Farewell, Brotha.

Holla at us here at the Razor when you're there, safe, and know some good bars. I'll be on my way. My man.
 
Tucson, there's a new sheriff in town. And he really loves seafood.
 
Nothing better than seafood in the blazing hot desert. Seafood in Tucson - should be a Friday haiku topic.
 
Does this mean you now have free storage space available? I may have to take advantage of this opportunity!
 
GL GED3
 
GED3 taught me how to field dress a moose, and I will always thank him for that.

Love,

Sarah
 
Thank you for the nice write-up and the well wishes.

I'll try to do y'all proud.

gd3

A 12:11 You have forgotten about sand lobsters and cactus oysters. Quite the treat.

Sarah: I remember that day well. Though I can't understand why you insist on using a "knife" to do the deed. When I taught you, all I used was my pinkie and five pine needles.
 
ged3 - Make sure we know how to get a hold of you. I am in Tucson several times a year for various conferences and would love to catch up.
 
GD3 --Best of luck!! It was a honor to stand beside you during our trials. Can't wait to hear all of the good things that come out of AZ now that you are there! --MLK
 
GD3 --Best of luck!! It was a honor to stand beside you during our trials. Can't wait to hear all of the good things that come out of AZ now that you are there! --MLK
 
Thanks for the good times GEDIII. Tyler won't be the same without you. Hopefully it made Gordon's Excellent Vacation that more excellent.


Love,
Matt
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#