Tuesday, October 21, 2008

 

The Cowboys and the Lions also have the same colors!


For some reason, a random guy at Taco Bueno asked me if I was a Cowboys fan. It seemed like a trick question-- I suppose that people around here are supposed to like the Cowboys. Plus, it's pretty likely that a Cowboys fan in Taco Buena has a gun, so I was a little on edge.

Eventually, I told the guy the truth, that I was a Lions fan, and he thanked me for the Roy Williams trade. He seemed strangely sympathetic, but then again, for the past few weeks the experience of being a Lions or Cowboys fan has been pretty much the same.

The guy pictured here is a Cowboys fan I happen to know. Perhaps now we can talk football without me feeling all bad about myself...

Comments:
I liked the trade of Williams to the Lions. Giving up what should be a low first and third for a quality receiver to compliment T.O. should improve the team. T.O., Williams, Witten, and Austin are a lot to cover. It will be even more difficult for defenses once Felix Jones lines up in the slot or comes out of the backfield on screens.
--The Cowboy Fan in the Picture
 
Pretty good analysis for a guy with a moustache that's even less authentic than Groucho Marx's.
 
Do you remember the episode of Home Improvement where Tim embarrasses Brad by telling him that he loves him outside the school? They end up agreeing that Tim will ask him, "How 'bout those Lions?" and that will be their little code word.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#