Monday, October 06, 2008

 

The Beauty of Bob

At Sunday School yesterday, Bob Darden turned me on to this video:



One great thing about Bob Darden is not only does he follow such shenanigans, but (check it out)-- he's speaking at Princeton at their ground-breaking Center for African American Studies on October 23. Wow. Cornell West, Henry Louis Gates, Bob Darden...

I don't think he plays the Uke, though. This next video really makes ME want to play one:


Seriously, do you think we could organize a Baylor Law Ukulele Orchestra? We'd need someone to play bass...

Comments:
How about a tuba orchestra?
 
My wife can kind of play the Uke, and JT busted some fat blues rifts on one of ours the other day. You might be on to something here.
 
It's true, I was jamming some pretty sweet blues solos on a plastic ukelele. I say we go for it.
 
Ross Belsome owns a ukelele. I don't know if he can play it, though. His hair kind of looks like yours, Osler.
 
maybe that can be what gets Baylor's ranking up...though I doubt the admin would go for it....not keeping with our marine corps image
 
I have a student who seriously used to play in a mandolin orchestra, in Monaco. I am not making this up. Maybe I should send her to Baylor next year . . .
 
Although this post was largely about the Uke, I came away wondering if Prof. Osler "shakes it like a Polariod picture."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#