Monday, October 27, 2008

 

Baylor wins National Trial Advocacy competition!


Last week, while on my way to Midland, I had lunch at the DFW airport with Baylor's team en route to the National Trial Advocacy tournament in Lansing, Michigan. The team (which included Razor contributors TJ and Diadelkendall) seemed ready to go, and it turns out they were. They won the tournament handily, beating Creighton, Florida State, Drexel, Georgia State, the University of Houston, and the Detroit Lions on their way to the championship.

I had absolutely nothing to do with this team, but they were ably coached by Robert R. Little (pictured here entertaining the ladies), a friend to the Razor and a former student who was on the 2004 NACDL tournament team I coached to a humbling 3d place finish (fie on you, Alabama!). So, in a way, this is kind of like watching your grandchildren do well-- none of the work, but all of the pride.

Congratulations, RRL, Tom Jacob, Joel Bailey, Alex Bell, and Kendell Cockrell! We are proud of you.

Comments:
I like Little's "Jughead" hat he is wearing in the photo.
 
Thanks, Professor. It was a blast.
 
You guys rock!

Was the celebration any fun?
 
Nice!!!
 
The Detroit Lions were almost as bad at mock trial as they are at football.

All the credit goes to my team: Alex "Q-Bomb" Bell (also known as the team storyteller), Joel "Emotional Outburst" Bailey; Kendall "Ukai" Cockrell, and Tom "Britt Clark Ain't Here" Jacob.

That's how we do!!
 
Congrats to all!


Love,
Matt
 
RRL learned all of his advocacy skills from me when we debated together in college. If you don't believe me, ask him.
 
I promise TJ that at some point in my life I will say to people, "Tom Jacob ain't here!"

BC
 
P.S. Congrats everyone! This is further proof that Alex "The Juggernaut" Bell does not lose.
 
That's Joel "Voice of God" Bailey.
 
http://texaslawyer.typepad.com/texas_lawyer_blog/2008/11/baylor-team-wins-national-competition.html
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#