Tuesday, September 09, 2008

 

Larrypalooza 2008!



Sunday night was Larrypalooza 2008, and as you might expect, the theme was "high-water rescue mission." The cake, pictured here, featured a news reporter with video camera (at left), a BMW wagon and fire truck (foreground), and several rescue personnel.

The incredible thing, to me, is that this cake was for sale in the "general interest" section of the HEB grocery store on Wooded Acres. I guess this story has really gotten around, and kids in the area are now having their own birthday parties with a "Larry Bates high-water rescue" theme. Weird.

It was a good time. Sadly, Unidentified Woman was unable to attend, as she has returned to Massachussets for her sophomore year of college.

Comments:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/09/us/09salvia.html?em

Some drug-related lawmaking for you this morning.
 
That is incredible. I want a high water rescue party. Perhaps it is time I fake another birthday. Victoria probably won't approve but I think I've earned it by not faking one in so long. You're invited if you can secure another cake like this. I bet there is probably one about my flop in the motion hearings in front of Manske.
 
I was the beneficiary of high water rescue mission when someone told me to have the hem on my khakis lowered a couple inches.
 
^
|
|

Ha!
 
IPLG-

At least someone told you. I wore a pair like that for years before I noticed a problem...
 
Nobody told me until recently that black socks and sandals were a fashion no-no.
Damn you all.
You were laughing at me and NONE of you had the decency to say anything.
JM
 
This may come as no surprise to you, but that same cake was on sale in Kingman. It was discounted because the color of the rain water was wrong. It's been so long since we had rain that they forgot what it looks like.
 
best Razor photo ever. Perfect. Could you do our Christmas card? Assuming we actually send one out this year...

Mrs. CL
 
I would be honored to design the Larry Bates, High Water Rescue Xmas card.
 
That is just classic, that cake . . .
 
Bates' legend only continues to grow. I might even consider donating some money to the Law School if I could get a bronze bust of Unidentified Woman's head in that weird room in the library where they keep all the government docs. If not there, I'll settle for it eternally gazing upon the UCC reporter series.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#