Monday, September 22, 2008

 

And now, back to the normal silliness

I think that the blog has been a little... heavy lately. I've had an above-average number of rants, and almost no recipes. Sometimes I take politics and government too seriously perhaps, and I am an expert in neither (except federal sentencing, and when I get incensed about something in that area, I just write a brief). I do appreciate that many people more knowledgeable than me, on both sides, have written comments on my screeds that are probably more valuable than the original post.

For now, though, I am thoroughly obsessed with something I found over on Dan Buck's blog. Here it is:



Over at Youtube, we now have several variations, including this extremely well-edited clip:


Comments:
The bass player looks a little young to be in that band. Did the original guy die since the last album? And it was the lead singer that went into rehab, right?
 
Wake me up, before I barf-barf.
 
Those backup singers are from my Dad's family reunions in Kentucky.
 
Vid One would be 40% better if they were wearing black and had better lighting. Modern pop musicians know all the tricks.
 
woohoo! I like silliness.
 
Now I can't get that song out of my head, and I hummed it through lunch. I hate you Osler.

Now I have to find an even catchier and awful song to drive it out. What was that one by "Hanson?"
 
Whoa - did you change the font, Prof. Osler?

I for one am appreciative... I've had the "FreeCreditReport.com" commercials stuck in my head for weeks.
 
Okay I couldn't watch the whole thing ; got as far as the guitar solo . . . how hilarious! A cross between a cheese commercial and Devo.
 
The Metallica version is great!!
 
The second video is so kick ass once you've sat through the first one. Where do people find the time to do such things?! and how can I ever repay them?!?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#