Friday, August 22, 2008

 

Haiku Friday: A flood of poetry


Yesterday I got to speak to the incoming students at orientation, which I really love doing. It's an honor, really. The sad part is that I usually don't see those students again for at least a year, when they get to my classes.

For now, though, let's haiku. The suggested themes:

1) Beach Volleyball
2) Orientation
3) Snax
4) The start of classes
5) Buying books
6) Flooding
7) Spiderman
8) South Ossetia
9) BMWs
10) Interviews

Hey there, Spiderman!
I read one hundred files
To find your nickname.

Now it is your turn...

Comments:
For the first time in
Over twenty long, long years
I have no fall classes

This is odd to me
Not quite sure how to adjust
It's going to be hard.
 
Bates and girlfriend in car
If you like Pina Coladas
Getting caught in the rain
 
Orientation,
Law school and the orient?
I don't see the link!
 
Your Best Kung Fu Move?
Students too earnest for that
Or is it ernest?
 
"Spin me like a top."
That's what I said in my sleep,
but what does it mean?
 
Its Beach Volleyball!
Sweaty gals in bikinis
Goofy guys in shorts

My female colleagues
Want to see the men topless
In banana slings
 
Spidey! Where are you?
The Georgians need you now!
To fight the Russians!

AND

A good time was had
By all at the Law School's first
New student mixer.

It was under the
Giant oaks. Live music and
Free food! Life is good.

RFDIII
 
BMW
Submerg'd. Two tires peeping out
In Razor photo
 
Naked volleyball,
From South Ossetia I think,
Russians are mad.
 
Water everywhere.
Don't worry, I have tenure.
BMW.
 
Yeah, beach volleyball
Better eye candy for men
Than women. Not fair :(
 
Unidentified woman!
Stay away from meeee!
Unidentified woman!
Won't you let me beeee!
 
Fisher-Price bunnies
cost much less than books do now...
I want a bunny.
 
At Bill's parent's house.
House MIGHT be done September
5th. Great. Take Me Home.

LOVE Bill's Mom. Bill's Dad
is an acquired taste. He
INHALES Mayonnaise.

500 days out
of my house now. I can't deal
much longer. It's BAD.

Drowning here in Lake
Mayonnaise. My kingdom for
A/C and TIVO.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#