Sunday, July 27, 2008

 

Sunday Reflection: I'm a spoiled rotten parishioner


Today I went to a church here in Michigan and heard a really terrible sermon. It was well-memorized, and delivered without notes, but it also was meandering, emotionless, shallow, and uninteresting. It seemed to be about fishing-- for bass, and pike, and trout, and salmon, etc. etc. Most of it was taken up with a discussion of bait. I got the analogy-- really, I did, in the first few minutes-- but there was not much else there.

It made me appreciate the terrific preachers in Texas. It is a well-stocked lake that way.

Comments:
All i want to know is, what do cute kittens have to do with fish bait sermons? Why not a panda fishing?? In any event, I am excited about the addition of felines to your blog.

While not a deep response to your Sunday blog, I do believe it's a valid point.

=)
 
Thanks, Pop! I hope things are ok in Waco. Keep tabs on GED3 for me...
 
I'm trying... there was something about crickets right??

=)Hope you're having fun!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#