Wednesday, July 09, 2008

 

Randall O'Brien leaving Baylor to become President of Carson-Newman College


Yesterday, it was announced that Provost Randall O'Brien is leaving Baylor to become the President of Carson-Newman College in Tennessee.

Since 2001, Randall has taught Oral Advocacy with Hulitt Gloer and I. He's one of the best teachers I've ever shared a room with, and a good friend. I have very mixed emotions about his leaving. I know that he has a true sense of calling to this job, but I also am sad to a friend leave. I felt the same way when Bill Underwood left to become the President of Mercer University-- at this point, it feels like if I befriend you, you then are fated to become the president of Baptist college.

Which is going to make things interesting for Larry Bates, I guess.

Comments:
Larry T. Bates for President







of Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. I think he would fit right in there. Just ask Randall O'Brien, he used to work there.
 
Bates might reply to this in such fashion:

"I heard there was a blog about me. How do you get on one of those? Is that different from the rest of the Internet?"

and

"What's a YouTube?"
 
Don't worry Osler, there is no reason to fear that I'll leave to become president at a Baptist university.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#