Tuesday, June 03, 2008

 

Razor not so good today, Osler tired


If the content of the Razor is a little poor today, well, I'm sorry about that. I was up late watching the Red Wings lose to the Pittsburg Penguins in triple overtime. The Wings are still up 3-2 in the Stanley Cup finals, but they could have put it away...

You know, there are some people here at the law school who would have made great hockey players, had they not been born in a hot climate. I would say all of the following have the right attitude of commitment and toughness:

1) Dan Stokes
2) Those two guys who won the world hog-wrestling championship
3) Prof. Guinn
4) Ed Cloutman
5) Gordon Davenport (who, I hear, uses hockey moves in basketball)
6) Matt Cole

I'm sure there are others, but I'm too busy making a Stanley Cup out of tin foil for tonight's game 6.

Comments:
You forgot Mike Rogers.
 
I couldn't stay focused on the game long enough to watch it all the way through. I hope to do better tonight. I'm going to take extra ritalin to help me meet the challenge. Guinn would be a great hockey player with his body size. I'd hate to be checked by Carson. Ed also had the size of a hockey player.
 
Underwood would've been a helluva hockey player. Sloan would've been pretty effective, too, especially in the cross-checking department.
Lilley, not so good.
 
I dare Dan Stokes to come into my crease. I will slash the hell out of the back of his legs. Though he does remind me of every pesky forward who tried to camp out in front of the net. I hate people like that.

And his head, if you were not aware, is the hardest substance known to man.

Yeesh, a Pens-Red Wings Stanley Cup. Can they both lose? And why am I watching every minute when I despise both teams?
 
Poseur--

I originally had you on the list, but then remembered you didn't start out as a hot-weather person and may even know how to skate.
 
Less hockey, more pandas, please.
 
I was a goalie. Not as good as your team's goalie, but I was pretty decent. Now that my knees are so bad, I haven't laced up a pair of skates in over a decade. I wonder if I still know how. I was always a pretty lousy skater, which is why I was a goalie in the first place.

Though I was a much better lacrosse player. I like sports in which someone gives me a large stick and tells me to hit someone.
 
Is there a limit on the number of penalty minutes one can rack up?
 
A tinfoil Stanley Cup isn't a REAL tinfoil Stanley Cup unless you create it to double as a hat.

Good luck to your Wings on Wednesday; personally, I'm hoping for a Game 7. I've still resigned myself to a Wings win... But hey, they should win it at home, right?
 
I'm honored to be included. But ice is so cold.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#