Saturday, June 07, 2008

 

I would hire Robert Little for this purpose...



Whoever is minding the store over at Magnificent Vista has whipped up this intriguing post with the Baylor faculty as a hockey team. His starters seem to be Serr and I on defense, with Counseller, Underwood, and Cordon as forwards. He hasn't come up with a goalie yet, though. Any ideas on that?

My only concern is with his idea of Serr as captain, since two principle duties of a hockey captain are to give pre-game inspirational talks and to argue with the refs, both skills that are enhanced by the gift of brevity. He does have a great attitude for a defenseman, though, and the willingness to go into a corner. Other than that, it's all good.

Comments:
Any reference to the Little Ball of Hate makes me happy. Which is only the greatest nickname in the history of sports.

I'd have Prof. Powell as the goalie. His ability to keep an eye on everything happening in the classroom would translate well into the goalie's duty to wtach the entire ice. He could be like Shtalinkov, the goalie who didn't blink when the puck was in the zone. Also, there's the whole cool under pressure that would serve him well.

The real question is who would be the goon?
 
Good point about the qualities of a Captain. I based that on outspoken nature, which Prof. Serr has in spades. I didn't consider brevity, though; excellent point.

I think you left out an “h” in the link up there... just thought you might like to know.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#