Tuesday, June 10, 2008

 

Fellow blogger to shock Waco audiences!


Fellow blogger and theater department grad student Dan Buck is directing the Baylor Theater's production of Tape, which will be presented at Theater 11 over in the Hooper-Schaefer fine arts center June 26-28 at 7:30. According to the official web site, the play sounds like it is right up my alley:

When giant pandas Vince and Jon reunite in a Suburban Memphis Motel 6 ten years after escaping from the San Diego Zoo, there's more in store for them than just reminiscing. Vince raises some long-unanswered questions and simmering accusations about an evening Jon spent with Vince's girlfriend (Ling-Ling) a decade ago. Just when the tension couldn't get any thicker, there's a loud growling noise and a knock on the door. What follows is a brutal examination of the past forcing each character to take a closer look at themselves. By the conclusion, audiences will be hard-pressed not to do the same. FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY (due to adult language and graphic zoological scenes).

Comments:
Thanks for the shout out. For the record: No pandas were harmed in the making of this play.

Hope everybody can make it! Bait for law students... someone has committed a crime! :)
 
I'll bet it is that darn Ling-Ling. She's been convicted twice for robbery...
 
How can it be for mature audiences only? Everyone knows pandas are physiologically and psychologically incapable of mating.
 
When is this and how much is it? I'll go just because it sounds so ... unusual. I may even be able to get some 1Ls and 2Ls to come with me.
 
I'll probably still go. I saw the when was already answered. However, when I looked at the website, I saw no mention of pandas and THAT was what grabbed my attention in the first place. You lied to me Osler, you've probably lied the entire Crim Prac class so far.
 
I'm upset that Suburban Memphis isn't really involved...
 
Zoological scenes? I'm not mature enough for that sort of thing. Do the blogspot people know about this? Go Spain! Beating the Rusos 2-0 at half-time!
 
That's what we need on this blog, some Euro 2008 talk!! I'm for the dutch, because my father used to work with a Dutch guy that was super nice and because I once played blackjack in Vegas with some Dutch dudes and they were also super nice.
Go Total Football!!

Who you got Osler?? Hint: the Red Wings are not an option and Detroit is not fielding a team.
 
There may not be any pandas, but I'll bet the Motel 6 has some pretty snazzy lamps. Bolted to the desk, no doubt.
 
Here's some Euro 2008 discussion. Go Oranje!
 
Can somebody explain to me how giant pandas can use "adult language"? And how do pandas get rooms at a Motel 6? The world may never know.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#