Thursday, May 22, 2008

 

Where is that large automobile?

I hadn't noticed that the American Airlines execs were getting bonuses at the same time they were killing off their company.

Of course, the financial troubles at American "just happened." High oil prices-- who saw that coming? I mean, besides Southwest, who hedged on oil prices. And sure, they could have gotten credit to buy more fuel-efficient planes a few years ago, but who knew credit would dry up? The execs just let the company go where the river took it, they aren't responsible for where that river went.

I have always taken the legal construct of corporations as an individual pretty seriously, and this is one of the times it really fits. We all know those people who didn't plan their life, but rather let the river take them wherever, and it wasn't their fault, stuff just happened. They let the water carry them down. Same as it ever was...


Comments:
Someone needs to tell those execs, "This Aint No Party, This Aint No Disco, this aint no Foolin' Around."

These Airlines could use a good shareholder's revolt or two.
 
$15 for the first bag?

Sounds like the Hardee's in my hometown that ran such great deals on breakfast food, they charged a nickel per each packet of jelly.

The results are/were predictable in each case.
 
Where is my beautiful wife? I will thankfully see her tonight in the Bmt. How great is Talking Heads? I have no answer for that one.
 
Dia--

You keep your wife in the basement? Uh-oh.
 
My father's generation always blamed the American unions for the demise of Detroit. And those same workers are making great cars for Honda and Toyota in the U.S.
No, the blame goes to the $40 million a year CEOs who put their friends on their boards and golf at Pebble Beach while the Titanic sinks around them!
P.S. The Heads' "Stop Making Sense" is still one of the great rock'n'roll concert/movies of ALL time ... thank in part to Demme's direction and photography.
RFDIII
 
What, NO PANDA????

Those evil execs. I wanna make em stay up all night.
 
2:12,
Beaumont, but it may as well be the basement. Damp. Smells like wood and gas. Completely out of place in Texas. And a plaintiff's lawyers dream. Well, maybe that doesn't apply to basements.

wifedelkendall doesn't like it when I call Beaumont Louisianna, so now I just tell Bmt people who ask that I am from the other Texas.
 
Business people rarely say "My God! What have I done?" even when things go disastrously wrong. They almost never take responsibility for their actions or inactions. Too often, they are used to being rewarded regardless of outcome.

So, then we elected these two businessmen to be president and vice-president...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#