Saturday, May 24, 2008

 

Red Wing Nation Celebrates Game One Win!


Yes, I realize that Jerry Hall and I are the only people in Waco who care about hockey (or at least we were until he decamped for Dallas, now it is just me).

Still, I'm all excited that the Red Wings won game one of the Stanley Cup finals tonight, 4-0. No one lost any teeth.

Intriguingly, the Wings are chock-full of immigrants, all of whom are legal (I think). Interestingly, when I was in Detroit, Red Wing Bob Probert actually did something that caused him not to be re-admitted to the U.S., which was kind of a problem for the Wings. Probert, of course, was a unique player-- a goon who could score. Of course, as an illegal immigrant goon who could score, he was at a real disadvantage...

Comments:
You're not the only two... There are at least three of us!

Congrats on the win... Whatever way this series turns out, I'm hoping for an excited, pitched series that could draw some interest back into the sport.

(nice use of the Santa Suits!)
 
I am deeply offended to be omitted from this list. Jerry and I almost came to blows when the Ducks and the Stars were playing, and I expect we would have if I had not been able to play the ultimate of trump cards - being a girl. (I would still have gotten punched in Phoenix, but then, here you go.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#