Wednesday, May 07, 2008

 

The Judge


One of the things I have been doing here in New York is talking to people within the justice system about the idea of mercy. It's part of my next big writing project. I was lucky enough to have dinner with one of the people who thinks actively about such things, Judge Richard J. Sullivan of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. We go way back... 25 years back, actually, since I was his R.A. in college, and then we were in the same law school class.

Rich was always diligent, principled, articulate and even-handed-- the perfect recipe for a great judge, and there is no one else from our peer group I would rather see on the bench.

Comments:
Props to Prof. Cordon and his quotes in the Waco Tribune Herald regarding the faculty senate resolution passed regarding shared governance in the tenure review process. All you non-tenured law school faculty members keep your chin up.
 
It's always nice to see people you think highly of doing great things.

If I had been an RA at UT, I imagine not a lot of my charges would have gotten into Yale Law.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#