Monday, April 07, 2008

 

I had forgotten how cold it can be in April...


At least it is cold here-- I am in Boston at this conference. This morning I spoke to the group about some of the things we do at Baylor, and got a good response from an audience which included six law school deans-- a great group to hear the good news about Baylor.

Boston College is a remarkable place. I love the town and the college itself, even though it is about 40 below zero outside. I had the pleasure of being seated for lunch not only with Dean Starr and Dean Brauch, but Bert Garza, who is the Provost here at BC. He is a Baylor grad twice (BS and MD, before getting a Ph.D. from MIT), and has been very successful here. I was surprised to find a Baylor guy in charge of academics at Boston College, but perhaps I shouldn't be. It seems lately that I am running into impressive Baylor grads all over the place.

After the sessions (and before dinner in the North End), I went out with Rory Ryan to visit his sister who is a first-year at Harvard Law, which is supposed to be pretty good.

Comments:
Prof. Osler-
re: the US News rankings and how Baylor Law could improve (sorry I'm late)

In the few months since I've been following your blog you have submitted a brief to the US Supreme Court, spoken at several engagements (including the New Baptist Covenant), coached a championship moot court team, and published a book. It seems like you are always somewhere practicing law and promoting Baylor. One thing our great school could do to be even better is recruit more faculty like yourself-you are an asset.
 
Okay I'm off-topic here, but I wonder if dinner in the North End is as colorful as it was the last time I ate there, about 20 years ago. I remember a maze of Italian restaurants and shops and brusque (to say the least) waitresses, wanting your order FAST.

But the food . . . ah, the food . .
 
Never trust a man in a bow tie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#