Friday, March 07, 2008

 

Bloggy, Foggy, Haiku Friday



I didn't realize this when I was a student, but professors know when classes are going well, and when they aren't. Yesterday, I did not have a very good sentencing class-- I was mostly mumbling and gesturing aimlessly (or at least it felt like that). Professional Responsibility and Practice Court went a little better, I hope. But then, as we were working with our mock trial team, Gordon referred to both a "button up shirt" and a "scrappy doo outfit," and I didn't know what either of those things might be.

Maybe haiku will help things. It will make us all smarter.

Here are the suggested themes for this week:

1) Baylor fans go overboard
2) Spring break plans
3) The worst appetizer ever
4) Airport indignities
5) "Scrappy doo outfits"
6) The Simpsons at Baylor
7) A terrible idea for a blog
8) Project Runway
9) A book
10) Lent
11) Waking up to (and perhaps driving in) a Wintry Mix!

Here is mine:

What's a "scrappy doo?"
Maybe a goofy hairstyle?
If so, I got it!

Now it is your turn-- 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables...

Comments:
Osler has Fierce hair.
Fried cheese,pickles, squid,oysters.
Velveeta Fondue.
 
Worst blog idea:
Bobbleheads In Peril. Guy
never updates it.

More bad Blogs would be:
Stewed Tomatoes, Stubborn Stains
I Ate Some Bad Clams,

Custody Hearings,
pickled herring, Ziploc Bags,
My Smelly Landlord,

Outdoor Furniture,
Convict Poetry, False Teeth,
Tin Foil Collection,

Exploded House, Corn
Cannons, Goat Farms, 3 year olds,
Habib the Tile Guy.
 
Hello, Wintry Mix!
Your visit will be short-ish
Driving, danger-ish.
 
Spring Break irony:
Work harder on my own, But
I get to go home!
 
What? Me, read a book?
Now, I only read case law
I feel like a dork.
 
Indignities in
Airports: Nazi-ette lady
Security guard

Took my tweezers out
Of my bag, made me hold
Up the line, 'cause I

Was 5 minutes late
For check-in. Five-thirty-five
A.M. Small-town air-

Port syndrome: over-
the-top security. The
Stewardess was nice. (at least)
 
Greaser cook; Waitress
With nasty dreads; Must be a
Scrappy Do Outfit.
 
Going to Port A,
Sleep, eat, drink, play, sand, sun, fun;
I am halfway there.
 
Hijacked Osler's blog -
Apologies everyone!
I owe you donuts.
 
Feather boa, thong
An "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt--
"Scrappy DON'T" outfit.
 
Mix is fun and games
But for windshield sheet of ice!
Stick head out window?
 
what's that in the sky?
a bird, plane, or wintry mix?
just soda from fans
 
Dallas DA--

I wish wintry mix
Was still sold at Baylor games
Got rid of Katies.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#