Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

Stop it, imposters on the Razor!

About every six months, it seems, I get a bunch of imposters impersonating posters here at the razor. A while ago, it was "IPSlawGuy" and some others. More recently, we had "GED4."

That was pretty harmless. But, more recently, I was "gotten" by such an imposter who commented on an old post and referred to another blog. I thought it was funny, put it into a full post (adding some silly links) and then found out it was not from the person I thought it was from (who had not used a blogger id).

Here's what I ask: If you think it is funny to do a take-off on a regular ID that is different than that id, go ahead. ie, GED4 relative to GED3. But please don't rip off someone else's identity wholesale, since it might be someone I really like.

Also, please don't quote Bryan Adams.

And don't tilt the seat way back on the American Eagle flights out of Waco.

Comments:
Yeah, I hate that when some three hundred pounder leans his seat back into my lap just after takeoff from Waco. Can anyone spell deodorant?

Signed,
The Medievalist
 
You know I get freaked out every time I see ebc4 because ebc are my initials... FYI that is NEVER ME... I am ALWAYS tyd. I have never been ANON and I have never been anyone else... and anyway seriously? If it was not me, you would KNOW it. WHy?? Becuase the post would

A make sense and

B relate to the initial topic of the post, or at least ADD TO the conversation in a meaningful way, and


C they would not be complaining about living on a goat farm and how my toddler took his pants off at my Weight Watcher's meeting again, and how there is currently about 100 VERY LOUD frogs living 300 yards from where I sleep and more than likely a skunk living in the back seat of my Toyota.

Pretty easy to figure out it is really me.....
 
Oh, ick. Please don't ever use "weight watchers" and "taking his pants off" in the same sentence again.
 
I've been anonymous a couple times because I hit the wrong box below. And it took me a while to figure out if I was "openID" or "Name/URL"

I thought you swore off American Eagle from Waco after a particularly bad experience
 
he had a diaper on underneath.....and he was two....
 
I'm going to kick the next Coco Ninja I see in the face.
 
I admit it. I am Keyser Solzay.

Love,
Math
 
I'm really glad this came up. The lean back on a small plane is just inexcusable. I would love the extra space, too - but you just don't do that to somebody.

Speaking of the ged3 - As a big man, how do you handle this situation when it does occur? I need tips for my next encounter with an inconsiderate, small plane leaner backer.
 
I try to take the lean back with a sullen grace. If it really is obnoxious, I give a polite tap and ask them to move the chair forward.

I haven't had to move to the next phase -- getting really angry. Yet.
 
I try to take the lean back with a sullen grace. If it really is obnoxious, I give a polite tap and ask them to move the chair forward.

I haven't had to move to the next phase -- getting really angry. Yet.
 
I also love that Math was ged4. Hopefully, English and science will become more freuqent posters.


(Matt, I kid because I love. Good luck on the Bar).
 
I really do pee slaw.
 
I am NOT an imposter of Tyd! It's really me!
 
Me on the last 2 posts. Just wanted to suggest some other imposters:
the medevilist
coco rabbit
stepbayker
yeee
d OR _b__OR a (all parodies of "_b_" and "c"
cheddargirl
More to come!
-12 years of life, 12 years of experience!
 
Micah,

Remember, I have a relative in Minnesota, and I know where you live!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#