Friday, February 22, 2008

 

Malibu Haiku Friday


Things are good here in Cali, despite the rain. Tonight there was a panel discussion featuring Albert Altshuler, then drinks at Dean Ken Starr's house, then a nice dinner down the beach. Pepperdine knows how to treat guests!

Tomorrow I moderate my totally intimidating panel, which includes Dallas Willard, David Novak, Connie Rosati, and John O'Callaghan. My plan: mumble some introductions then run away.

But for now, it's all about the haiku. Here are this week's suggested, though not mandatory, themes:

1) KFC buffet
2) Project Runway
3) GED3 becomes obsolete
4) Baylor Law faculty dance crew
5) My least favorite valentine
6) Practice Court, week 2
7) The Clinton-Obama debate
8) Are you going to finish that donut?
9) Cake
10) Castro

Here's mine:

Sweet P, I thank you
For, like, not talking too much
Well, at least this week.

Comments:
Some folks taste color
Think red sprinkles are bitter
But only red ones

When eating with them
Leave the sprinkle donut last
What a nasty trick
 
Dallas Willard, huh?
Read his books but never met.
Tell him I said hi.
 
As Heidi would say
You're either in or you're out
Just like bar results

Clint
 
Clint, about the bar--
Don't be a Victoria
First a jerk, then out.
 
PC? I am done!
Second week means nothing here;
sorry to gloat. HA!!
 
Think? Do you mean Thank?
Your Haiku would make more sense
If you were to say Thank.

Some bands turn me off
like "My Bloody Valentine"
The name bothers me.
 
Me likey donuts
Leave half of one in the box
I am not greedy!
 
uncomfortable day
sitting with judges and MADD
at CLE

----

good luck bartaker!
you can waste time for haiku
if from Baylor
 
Castro es viejo,
Se le cae la baba ya,
Cambiará Cuba?
 
Clinton and McCain:
"Change is a four letter word."
enough with Boomers
 
KFC Buffet?
What a wonderful concept!
I'll bring my hot sauce.
 
Gee Eee Dee Four, huh?
Evil Doppledanger, or
Friend? Soon, we will see!
 
Bar bar bar, bar bar
Oh my God, brain exploding
Is it over yet?
 
KFC buffet:
Didn't know there was one. Are
there mashed potatoes?

KFC was in
India, but not in
Swissyland. Pork rules . . .
 
Switch Fidel with bro
Just one thing I'd like to know:
End the embargo?
 
Castro's just a pawn
For Puffalump overlords
We own KFC.

No you may not have
My precious, precious donut
Why's this taste like cat?
 
You know what they say:
"Hoes before bros," dear Castros.
They used my advice.
 
So, Coco Puffy--
The new leader of Cuba
Shoulda been a ho?
 
I am not a ho
But I would gladly rule it
anyway, thanks man.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#