Sunday, February 24, 2008

 

It's like I know him from somewhere...


One of the more intriguing aspects of my weekend was listening to Peter Gabel, one of the founders of the Critical Legal Studies movement. Here's the weird thing-- I had never met the guy before, but he seemed so familiar somehow... odd. He's a Harvard grad, long hair, tends to be quite active (running around, etc.) while speaking. He had a wonderful warmth and intelligence, as well (unusual in Harvard grads). Hmmmm.... who is it he reminds me of?

This is one of those times that I am crossing freely between worlds. On Saturday, I discussed law with philosophers (including both Dallas Willard and Oliver O'Donovan of the University of Edinborough), then had a wonderful pre-Oscar dinner in Santa Monica as people swirled around watching each other-- a shift from a world of thoughts to a world of the thoroughly corporeal. But now I am glad to get back into my regular world, to see my students and teach sentencing and put my books back on the shelves.

Comments:
Is it Counseller?
 
nah too short...gotta be Essary
 
Is it Toben?
 
That looks like kind of a cross between Beth Miller and Mike Morrison.
 
He's a dead ringer for David Koresh, only with grey hair . And they both have so much in common, like starting cults that ended in disaster.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#