Friday, February 15, 2008

 

Hiaku Explosion Friday!


This is the last of my commencement photos, and it kind of makes me sad. I always loved seeing the names Morgan and Biehl on a seating chart, because they seemed engaged in class, genuinely interested, and sometimes bemused by my madcap antics. They will both be great lawyers, and I hope that sometime they each will come around to visit.

I'm actually in Kentucky tonight, since tomorrow I am giving a lecture at Northern Kentucky University's Salmon P. Chase School of Law. There is snow on the ground here, which hushes everything.

Here are this week's haiku topics:

1) Roger Clemens
2) Graduation
3) Bad advice my Mom gave me
4) Can you watch Britney's kids for a few days? Thanks.
5) Valentine's Day
F) Kentucky
G) The first-quarter deluge
8) Spring!
9) Project Runway
10) Bates in Williamsburg

Here is mine:

Sweet P, those tattoos--
Not good on an elder, but
Better than your clothes.

Now it is your turn! Remember the formula: 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables

Comments:
Valentines Day sucks!!
Men dread it, women expect
It...no one likes it.

Except for Hallmark.
And the jewelry store where
My Dad bought mom's gifts.
 
Four hundred 1Q's
Like an ant infestation
All over the place!
 
Oh, and you 1Q's
How about a blog or two?
It's getting too sparse.
 
what is not to like
a chocolate holiday
happy VD day.
 
For years I agreed
V- Day sucks! A Kid's smile, though
Changes your heart and view

Deep Purple tune, right?
Kentucky Woman. Or was
That an Elvis song?
 
I need a lawyer
To tell me why Clemens is
A federal case.
 
The name of the rose,
an unsolveable mystery,
forever unknown.
 
Wife material
Look for eye twitch and fungus
That's what Mama said
 
Rocket, you screwed up.
Please go back to Texas now.
Schadenfreude, dude.
 
Hubris and ego;
Rocket you are a liar;
Go quietly please.

What are you doing
Congresssional committee?
You look like fools, too.
 
Larry Craig's people
Are the experts on baseball?
Pathetic drama.
 
Bates in a wig?
Or maybe that is just his
Own regular hair.
 
Cupid, I hate you
Little, two-bit love hustler
Now I'm broke-thanks, bra.
 
For purposes of the syllable limitation, please read hu-stl-er as hus-sla. Thanks.
 
Salmon Chase law school.
Is the school in Alaska?
Students are brown bears?
 
Salmon P. Chase
Anti-Slave, ego driven
Rival of Lincoln
 
Spencer came home all
sticky and hyper from his
preschool yesterday.

Clutching Valentines,
very happy, excited
and full of sugar.

Teeny cards with the
pictures of characters on
them, candy attached.

I'm not the only
mom who spent hours gluing the
candy to kid's cards.

Teacher Bill spent the
entire day at preschool too.
Also sticky, tired.

Spencer brought home his
"Special Box." Inside: rocks, leaf,
feather, marble, car.

He is so sweet. How
will I ever keep him that
way, safeguard his heart?

Give him roots and wings,
patience, books, time, love, hugs &
peace in which to grow.

Sunday we will go
to the Aquarium to
see the Jellyfish.
 
Yep, that's a new one
Girl forgets Valentine's Day
Busy with the Bar
 
I am a 1Q
And I also have a blog
But will you read it?
 
Pennywhistle Bates
Tooting his favorite tune:
"Lucy In The Sky"
 
Mom said don't ever
Mess with computers. Doh! Mom!
Now I'm destitute.
 
A true Valentine
comes on any other day,
as unexpected
 
Krj lovely
so right, so true, about love
always welcome here
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#