Saturday, February 09, 2008

 

The crowd, the pictures, the sunshine


One of the great things about a February graduation in Texas is that after the ceremony the crowds can flood outdoors for pictures and hugs. Today was about seventy degrees with steady, warming sunshine. Sometimes, I just like to stand on the steps and watch the families as they gather around a graduate.

I hope that those families are proud-- they should be. Each of these graduates worked very very hard. I know; I was there with them. While I'm sure that they didn't exactly keep it a secret how hard they worked, I appreciate exactly what it was that they did and accomplished, as I got to read the tests, review the papers, and hear the answers in class.

At Baylor, a degree is something earned, not given.

Comments:
Who is that graduate? He sure has a loving family-- five cameras!
 
I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you yesterday at commencement. My mom really wanted to meet you!
 
ryan bueche
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#