Monday, February 11, 2008

 

The Blogger-Graduates: Craig Pankratz


As mentioned below, Saturday's graduation decimated the ranks of BLS bloggers. One of the students I have most admired over the past few years has been Craig Pankratz. His blog is different than most of the others, in that he devoted it mainly to faith issues. Specifically, he used the blog to explain things about his Mormon faith to those of us who did not understand much about it. I, for one, learned a lot from what he shared, and always admired the sincerity and commitment reflected in his words.

Beyond his blogging, Craig was my research assistant and played a big role in almost everything I was able to get done the past quarter. His work was efficient, well-written, and clear, and that is pretty darn good. Like Stephen Baker, I know that Craig will make a great lawyer, and that whoever hires him will reflect on that hiring as a great decision. At the same time, I will miss not only his help but his presence here at the law school.

Comments:
Oz, do you always get a haircut right before graduation?
 
Squeeky--

Yes, I do. That way it gets cut the requisite four times a year. Then I let it grow out before I go to Austin for any reason.
 
Thanks, I'll miss you too. And thanks for all the training. I feel prepared to start work as a prosecutor, and I know I wouldn't be this prepared had I gone somewhere else.
 
Osler is there any way you are of Scottish or English descent?

I mean your name is, yes.. but truly in some pictures you look EXACTLY like my grandfather... NOT OLD but I mean the way he looked when he was your age. You could Be TWINS!!! its kinda freaking me out.....

His name was Andrew MacCleod Allan and he was Scottish to like some exponential degree.. You could be twins... its really freaking me out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#