Monday, January 28, 2008

 

Mock Trial, Burritos, and The NY Times on the Celebration of a New Baptist Covenant


I took the mock trial team to Ninfa's for dinner tonight and had a great time with them-- they've got things in pretty good shape. It's a good thing, too, since I will be out of town for much of the next week or so. First up, Atlanta on Wednesday.

Yesterday's New York Times had a great article yesterday about the Celebration of a New Baptist Covenant in Atlanta this week, and on Friday Bill Moyers and John Grisham (both of whom will be speaking) were talking about it on Moyers' show. Even more intriguing is the article in the Columbus, Georgia paper which started out with a reference to "Rev. Bill Underwood, Ph.D." While Bill is many wonderful things, I'm not sure he is either a Reverend or a Ph.D., unless a lot has changed since my visit to Macon three weeks ago. He was practice court professor, though, which may be more significant to Baylor Law students.

I'm excited; I'll be surrounded by family and friends. My parents are coming down for it, and I found out today that my deacon will be there as well. I'm traveling out with Hulitt Gloer, and it just might be that I'm a little more nervous about speaking in front of one of my heroes of public speaking than anything else.

At any rate, the excitement is building...

Comments:
I had Rev. Bill for PC. He did cause a lot of prayer.
 
Dr. Gloer rocks the casbah. I'd give at least three fingers and maybe a nut to go hang out with you guys. Alas. Work. *siiiiigh*
 
Cach--

It is pretty exciting. I'm lucky, since it falls between our quarters, or else I might have the same problem.
 
Have fun in the great state of Georgia! (As you can probably tell, I am a little partial to my home state).
 
Good luck and have fun!! We'll miss you on Wed. night with the first run through. You'll be hobnobbing it with Grisham while we're tortured, I mean whipped into shape by Gordon. Wait a minute..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#