Tuesday, December 18, 2007

 

Movie wraps filming; mysteries remain.


Some of you may remember that a few years ago I worked on a case with former student David Moore (who is one of my favorite lawyers ever). They are now making a fictionalized movie about David's involvement in the case (which was much more significant than mine-- my major contribution was bringing David on board).

There's some news about the movie here. It will star some serious actors, including Will Patton, Michael O’Keefe, Tim Blake Nelson, Charles Dutton, Alfree Woodard, Nichole Behaire, XZIBIT, and Lucinda Jenney. I did get to see a few pages of script involving the character playing me (mostly nodding seriously and giving David sage advice), but don't know if that part ended up getting filmed, or who was cast to play "the Professor."

I'm hoping for a Taxi-era Danny DeVito, but I guess that's impossible. Any ideas? [This would seem like a natural for Celebrity Luvr & Mrs. Celebrity Luvr...]

Comments:
I think Russell Crowe should play you.
 
Will Patton would be good, too, but he's bald.
 
I HATE to say this because it would have nothing to do with who this actor is PERSONALLY as a PERSON,.., or what he did recently....
but.....
Michael Richards....
Only because of the hair.....

Second choice Tom Hanks

Third Russell Crowe

Fourth William Hurt
 
Keith Richards was pretty convincing as the father of Johnny Depp a/k/a Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Carribean, Part Tres.



Just sayin'
 
It's a toss up between Christopher Lloyd or Tinky Winky (the purple teletubbie) both of whom are kind and benevolent characters.
 
Ron Silver did a good job as Alan Dershowitz... why not you?
 
I'm thinking maybe Tom Hulse?? The guy from Parenthood and Amadeus....but I think he's kind of whiny, and you're not. Yall have similar hair...kinda fluffy, but in a good way :)

Sorry, I'm brain-dead. 2 more nights and I'm off the graveyard shift. I'll post'n haiku then. 5 mcg/kg/min, no wait, 5/7/5....yeah, that's right!

If you all get to go to the premier, can I be your stylist? Jeffy can be my assistant.
 
Russell Crowe or that boxer guy from Taxi (not Danny Devito).
 
Eric Sandlin.
 
John C. Riley
 
What about Denzel Washington? He was really good in Inside Man. Or perhaps William Dafoe--he has "hair." Christopher Plummer? Sean Connery? Naw, you would sound funny with a Scottish accent. Eddie Murphy would be perfect.
 
Tim Hulse also played Larry Kroger/Pinto in Animal House... so yeah, I think he's the right guy
 
I am so excited about this. David Moore is a personal friend of mine and it will be interesting to see the movies. He came to Practice Court to watch my mini-trials. Now I can say someone famous watched me! =)
 
Chaka Khan
 
Chaka Khan?
Chaka Khan?
 
OOOOOOOH John C Reilly PERFECT... OR Chaka Khan.
 
Chaka Khan?
Feel for you?

Chaka Khan?
Chaka Khan?
 
Osler is NOT every woman.
 
None of this Movie stuff about me would have happened had it not been for Prof. Osler. I remember volunteering to carry his briefcase in the real lawsuit, and instead it ended up that I became one of the trial lawyers and my real briefcase was carried by Will Patton in the movie. Prof Osler had to argue before a federal judge to keep me in the lawsuit after the government moved to disqualify me from the case. My involvement in the case and the movie stemmed from Prof. Osler and I speaking on the steps of Baylor's new law school about good cops and bad cops, and the dilema facing poor people who can't afford quality lawyering. What an exciting time and interesting turn of events to lead me to where that case did.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#