Saturday, December 29, 2007

 

A message from the Del Crandalls!


I knew this blogging thing would pay off eventually! Today I got a message from Rich Bowering, who is in the Del Crandalls, one of my favorite bands (in the comments section here you can see Poseur explain the name). He was googling the band name and came across this post, which referred to them.

I have a soft spot for hard-working part-time rockers, and the Del Crandalls are a perfect example of why. Years ago (uh, like, 17 years ago), IPLawGuy and I traveled to Naugatuck, Connecticut to see Barance Whitfield and the Savages. The Del Crandalls were the opening act, but totally stole the show, which isn't easy to do when you are followed by someone like Barance Whitfield...

Comments:
Did you ask him if they still play "Five Alarms Over Dorchester?"
 
I just read the band bio.. they started in 1989, so we must have seen one of their first shows ever.

To think we were present at the creation!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#