Friday, November 16, 2007

 

Rivalry Week Haiku Friday


It's haiku time-- and the third weekend of November, home of some great football rivalries. Here are the possible, un-mandatory, themes for the week:

1) Serr v. Osler (coming up on November 26)
2) Michigan v. Ohio State
3) Who would I trust with a flamethrower?
4) Yale v. Harvard
5) Dartmouth v. Princeton
6) Stanford v. Cal.
7) Goat noises
8) Barry Bonds v. The Feds
9) "Crazy" Donnie Davies v. All Known Musicians
10) Baker isn't happy about my band practices

Here is my own effort:

Hello, Drinking Time!
What a confused tour group...
All now at Dartmouth.

Now it is your turn-- just follow the easy 5 syllable/7 syllable/5 syllable recipe!

Comments:
A goat ate my dress
trauma for a six year old
great duress, much stress
 
Trusted flamethrower,
Please toast that braying old goat,
Tastes like chicken.
 
The all-purpose goat
Is an excellent dancer
And plays the guitar.
 
Watching tv then
I saw "The Play" live, and whoooo
It was just surreal.
 
Puckett's flamethrower?
At least he could figure out
How to use it, huh?
 
Yale beats Michigan
Seemed impossible, but
They had a flamethrow'r
 
Not crazy at all!
Just looking out for our youth
Someone should do it!
 
staff rec bookstore joke
Raising Milk Goats Modern Way
surprise bestseller
 
Ten and Oh! Kansas
Why are sports better than law?
Sports do not kill hope.
 
Three and Eight Baylor
Here, Law is better than Sports
Where football kills hope.
 
Home Run Champion
Won't see him back "at the plate"
He'll be "in the hole"
 
Does Bates play bass?
He seems the type: Militant
Plus, he has the hair.
 
My own flamethrower
I carry with me always
Powered by beans.
 
Madame Butterfly
At the end, she sadly dies.
Bye, Miss 'mer'can Pie
 
Dear God, Don't let me
Make goat noises at my first
Oral argument
 
Tip for you, Barry--
Use the Chewbacca defense
Baylor grads know it.
 
I don't want to hear
Forty-two all-purpose goats
Outside my window.

But no danger there:
Swiss would never go for that,
Keep them in mountains

Unlike India
Where there was a lamb next door;
Baaa-ing ALL THE TIME

Outside my window.
Now, no funky animals;
The quiet's heavy.
 
Funky animals
Have a meat-cleaver bass line
And heavy bottom!
 
Serr versus Osler
On the surface, a mismatch
Elisha versus Samson!
 
I heard that K. Steele
Is coaching Harvard football
Now they will beat Yale
 
LSU left out
We have no single rival
We hate ev'ryone
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#