Monday, November 19, 2007

 

Perhaps I should have listened to Carver and dressed as Slughorn...

My appearance yesterday at Barnes & Noble as Sirius Black actually went pretty well. I had a great time reading to the kids, and they seemed very well-informed on nearly everything that had ever happened at Hogwarts. My Sirius Black costume was a hit, though I couldn't satisfy the desire of some people that I turn into a large black dog and attack random children.

As part of the reading, I would sometimes pause and ask a few questions. As usual, there was one comedian in the group, leading to many exchanges like these:

Me: So, what animal could professor McGonigle turn into?
Kid #1: A cat!
Kid #2: A tabby cat!
Kid #3: Poop!

Me: Why do you think they kept me in prison that long?
Kid #1: Because you killed Harry's parents!
Kid #2: Because Wormtail framed you!
Kid #3: For pooping!

It did make me appreciate my law students...

Comments:
So... you're saying that the answer to question 5 on the PR final WASN'T "poop?"
 
Oh, I bet you could get some "poop" answers out of law students, too. Or some synonym for it.
 
Actually, that kid was right. Professor McGonagall recently legally changed her regestired Animagus form to "poop". Also, I'm on Thanksgiving break, but the server at Hogwarts is so slow, I'm going to post only on holidays. And yes, I'm eternally held back in my third year.
 
I so have an idea for when I get to PC now.
 
As an eyewitness, I can confirm that Osler is telling the truth here. Cute kid, one track mind: poop!
 
That fanart makes me feel icky. Every time it scrolls past the word "molest" flies unbidden through my mind.

I think maybe the problem is with his come-hither-y manga-tude?
 
Poop is awesome!
 
Funny, Sunny Bear...

That fanart made me think of A-Ha's song, "Take on me."

But I date myself...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#