Thursday, November 01, 2007

 

I'm now kind of scared of my colleagues


The Midnight Breakfast was great-- well, the general experience was. The green eggs were a little disturbing, but did help me with my sales of ham.

For those of you who were not there, the professors served a midnight breakfast to the students on the eve of finals. In keeping with the holiday, the profs dressed up in costume. Noley Bice and Beth Miller, pictured here, were especially notable. Noley/Elvis was serving up hunka-hunksa-burning eggs, and Beth was, well... kind of eerie. For a while, I wasn't sure who it was. I think she was representing death, something I would expect more from someone teaching English than upper-level business law classes. It was a most excellent costume.

The overall most creative (and scary, if you are a student) appearance was Jeremy Counseller as his own Civ Pro exam, marked with an "F." Ron Beal was a Shakespearean judge (with modern coffee accoutrements), while Heather Creed appeared as not-so-dangerous bee. Brian Serr was (I think) Hannah Montana at age 48 after a lifetime of unhealthy living. Rory Ryan, meanwhile, appeared in the guise of a depressed Nebraska football fan.

Overall, a great time and a great plan from Heather Creed.

Comments:
Heather did an excellent job - the best midnight breakfast to date.

However - there is just something inherently disturbing about green eggs.

Overheard from lower quarters about Osler's costume "Who is that guy and why does he have a box..?" I thought it was a great costume personally.
 
I just had the chance to read your chapter exerpt regarding lethal injection. As someone who administers these drugs on a dialy basis, I've developed a thorough disrespect for the truly ammature management of the lethal injection regime - An archaic drug cocktail, sloppy preparation, and fumbling execution.
For better or worse, however, many of the "practical" problems with lethal injection could easily be overcome by better-skilled knowledgable practitioners. The invocation of the hipocratic oath was a bold move by conscietious physicians. But how long will that idealism last?
It seems to me that the moratoreum on lethal injection will only last until some technicalities are resolved.
 
Sorry...
moratorium
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#