Monday, November 12, 2007

 

Hello, Junior!


Doug Berman's excellent blog on sentencing steered me to this site, which purports to tell you the education level need to understand a blog. Doug's blog received a "genius" rating, while this one is at a "Junior High" level. Doh!

I was a little suspicious that the number-cruncher simply told everyone they were a genius, so I ran some other blogs through. Here are the results:

Yoga n' Philosophy: College (grad level)
Swanburg: Elementary School
Mr. Pankratz: College (grad level)
Bradley Thomas: Elementary School
Yee: High School
Poseur: Elementary School
Dada Drummer: Genius

Comments:
Wow, I wonder how that works. I just ran my blog through it, and it says mine is at the College (post grad) level.

Something tells me it's not very accurate.
 
Mine's at the elementary level? I'm wondering how that's being measured. A little skeptical on this end.
 
Oh, I think its very accurate.
 
I'm surprised you need an elementary education to read my blog. That seems too high.
 
Works for me! You plebian bloggers.
 
Okay I have to note the following. You can use the site to measure any website's "reading level". So, despite that I call into question the quantitative measures here I find the following amusing:

www.baylor.edu = GENIUS
www.baylor.edu/theatre = College (Grad level)
www.baylor.edu/law = Jr. High
www.baylor.edu/president = High School
www.tamu.edu = Elementary School

I didn't make any of those up.
 
I believe this to be one of the World's greatest websites. In fact, I showed my boss the results regarding my currently private energy blog and he was pleased to learn it was considered college level writing and therefore inline with the target audience.

And considering most of today's elementary-aged Americans can't read or have maps I'm pretty sure they can't understand some of my subtle nuance and the Iraq.
 
I'm rather flattered. I didn't think my rants rose much above pre-teen middle schoolers.
 
Mine is also Elementary School. But then we all knew that.
 
The TurdPolishers' stuffed animal thread: Elementary School. Yeah!
 
WTF? Hahahaahahahahaha...wow.

http://ipoopbricks.blogspot.com/2007/11/im-not-even-making-this-up.html
 
I use big words, and made college level. That's the key...big words.
 
yes, I agree big words probably does it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#