Sunday, November 11, 2007

 

But is it Art?

The photo to the right is one of my favorite things I have ever found in New York-- someone claiming to have created a standpipe. Is it art?

People often wonder the same thing about tv shows. I don't know if they count as art, but I know they can be important. I went to our fall commencement yesterday, and my favorite sentiment printed in the program was this, from our graduate Tom Keane:

Thank you to my family, who always believed in me even when I didn't. Also, thank you to the makers of high-quality television programs like "The Office," "Family Guy," and "CSI," for helping to keep me sane over the past three years."

It might not be art, but at its best television can have something to offer.

Comments:
Yeah... but CSI? Gag me...
 
The creative part was putting up the placard. That alone is an artistic statement.
 
Get thee to the first day of the BIC on the other side of UParks.

It's the first time a bunch of little freshmen ever see Duchamp's urinal, haha.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#