Saturday, November 17, 2007

 

Azkaban was not kind to me...

I'm not quite sure why, but I have been asked to appear at the local Barnes & Nobles bookstore tomorrow at 4:30 dressed as a character from the Harry Potter books and spend some time reading from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I suppose that if the audience is mostly kids, that might be more appropriate than reading from my own book (which isn't even out yet and won't be for another year).

So the question is: Which character? I'm thinking of either Sirius Black (pictured above) or "Epilogue Harry Potter," who is well into his 30's. It would be fun to be Voldemort, of course, but the whole nose removal thing is just too much work.

Any ideas?

Comments:
Wow. I really wish I was in Waco to see this. You should go as Mad Eye Moody or Lucius Malfoy.
 
Well, it seems like the least Barnes & Noble could do is provide the costume! That seems like a lot to ask. Do they expect you to go out and get one yourself, for whichever character you choose?
 
Sirius does kind of have that deranged look kids love.
 
Horace Slughorn?
 
You should go as Satan.
I haven't read the books, but all my Christian friends tell me he's in there. ;)
 
Peeves the poltergeist - then, if the kids misbehave, you can throw things at them and say that you're just staying in character.
 
Slughorn! Sheesh. Peeves would be fun, but I can't fly.
 
Snape?
 
A dementor.
 
Prof Osler could pull off a Sirius, Snape or a young Ollivander quite well.
 
I could see Snape.
 
There was a time in your life when Lupin would have been the natural call.
 
But you could probably do a hilarious bit as Minister or ex Minister Fudge. Not that you have anything in common, but it would fit the whole Mayor McCheese thing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#