Monday, October 01, 2007

 

Things are good in the nation's capital


I'm sitting here having a cup of coffee with IPLawWife while IPLawBaby and IPLawGuy go for a run with one of those jogging strollers. I'm impressed he can pilot one, and that IPLawBaby kind of likes being steered around busy streets.

Meanwhile, I just ordered a a new book put together by Robert Baird and Katherine Darmer, called Morality, Justice, and the Law: The Continuing Debate. Bob Baird is a philosophy professor here at Baylor, and Katherine Darmer (his daughter) is a law prof. at Chapman Law School in California. The book includes pieces by Cass Sunstein, Ronald Dworkin, Oliver Wendell Holmes and several others (including me). My part is about the death penalty.

And now it is time to head into DC and act like a professional lawyer, at least until Acosta and Benham show up.

Comments:
How long will you be in DC? I arrive Wednesday evening for several Public Interest conferences.
 
We'll be gone by Tuesday night, "Heather."

Oh, and Tradelawguy, if you choose to ever reveal yourself, you could meet us for dinner or something.
 
Please tell iplawguy that Kentucky Jagger says hello.
 
I think you've got it backwards. You are having coffee with IPLawBaby while IPLawguy pushes IPLawwife around in the jogging stroller.

Sorry, it was just a funny mental picture :)
 
We don't need a "stroller" for that ;>
 
Help me Osler, you're my only hope.

Know you're in DC, but advocacy today was on closings and there was a noticeable lack of criminal content. For those of us who are squarely in the civil camp and for some unexplainable reason drew a criminal trial, could you post some tidbits if you have time in the airport?
 
Nah, a roller skate would do!! Really, we are very excited to see yall!
 
Prof. Darmer was the visiting Torts I professor that taught me everything I currently know about civil litigation and Mean Joe Green. True story.
 
I, like Swanburg, am surprised you omitted Prof. Darmer's brief stint at BLS.
 
Hey did nt we go to high School with Ron Fournier? didn't he have a brother in mine and Will's grade? I can picture his face and his locker was right near mine. But I cannot remember his name.... He wore like a plaid shirt corduroys and topsiders every day... but then, so did Will and every other guy at that school.....

It was the eighties. It was a crazy time. SO have you missed me>?

NO? Well I can tell you that I do have a new appreciation for the Fourth Amendment....and for lawyers in general, as I have used and needed them more this past year than in my entire life.
 
The 4th Amendment? Uh, why?
 
Tyd--

Yeah, that Ron Fournier.

It was quite a high school, though full of guys in plaid shirts.
 
OK It was MIKE Fournier that I remember. Not Ron.

and honestly I did not like that high school as much as you did. But I am glad you had fun.

Your brother was hilarious, and your writing in the paper was great.... what was the name of that paper again???? I cannot remember NOrth Point?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#