Monday, October 22, 2007

 

Mystery comix about yoga and cats



Every once in a while people send me photos and books and stuff hoping I will talk about it on the blog, and I often do. It has helped me diversify the pictures I use, and at least gives me a laugh now and then However, every once in a while it takes me a while to figure out why I have been sent a photo of a duck with a firearm, say, or a dancing snowman video.

A friend (not the author of the Yoga and Philosophy blog, but also very smart and sophisticated) sent me this comic, which was kind. However, for the life of me I can't figure out what the heck it is supposed to mean. Is the cat doing yoga? Or is it late for yoga class? And if so, why is it funny that a cat is late for yoga?

Does anyone have a theory?

Comments:
I think the cat has been shot by robbers, and its last thought before passing on was about missing yoga class.
 
I think it might be funny because the cat has to contort itself like that to see the clock. It's totally like a cat to put the clock in a position like that...
 
I think cats are kind of doing yoga all the time. That, and "herb."
 
Umm. I think this is supposed to be funny because the cat is already doing a yoga position? I think. Cats are too weird for words or drawings. They're creepy little assissins who go around looking for things to kill. Ick.
 
I agree with Spanish's theory. And I doubt that cats can tell time. At least I never had one that could. Life is a mystery. I spent 70 dollars on a dog bed and the dog prefers to sleep on a pile of stinky laundry.

My dad was a doctor and he thought cats were really stupid. He used to tellme that they have a brain the size of a piece of rice. I actually held my dad in medium esteem and thought he had the personality of a napkin.

I like cats. But some of them are kind of stupid.
 
Cats can tell time. But they won't tell it to anybody else.

BY THE WAY: C'mon over for Limerick Tuesday at my blog. You haiku folks especially!

www.danbuck.blogspot.com
 
The cat is concerned because it takes almost twenty minutes for her to put on her leotard. That lack of opposoble thumbs makes it kind of difficult.
 
The cat is the clock. And the yoga. And the time.

As the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor, "Make me one with everything."
 
It is really funny that this comic is here because I just saw it posted at the Iyengar Institute in New York this weekend..(right after I ran into ya'll on your way to KW) and thought to myself, that's funny, cats in a yoga class, that would take herding cats to a new level...

My own cats are strangely attracted to my yoga room. They very much like to position themselves in the most inconvenient place like right under my face in down ward facing dog or against my back in shoulder stand...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#