Tuesday, October 30, 2007

 

Best Cereal-Based nickname for a PC student

Recently, I reflected on my chagrin at having told a PC student that her minitrial performance reminded me of "Pop" from Rice Krispies' Snap, Crackle, and Pop. Maybe I just had the wrong cereal mascot? Would it have been better to suggest that she reminded me of, say, Trix the Rabbit? (Probably not, since some analysts feel that Trix may be a third world beggar).

Today's last lecture seemed to go okay. As part of my restructure of PR, I downplayed the emphasis on principles this time around, and confined it to the last class. Also, for those of you visiting from the past, I did not dash out at the end of the class, either.

Comments:
Professor Osler,

I'd love to know what you think about the following article: http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/10/30/should-law-schools-adopt-the-b-school-case-method/

It advocates a more business-school style approach to law school. I believe that law school should be very rigorous, but I also like the idea of working on practical projects for a final grade. I've heard that you do some of that in your Crim. Pract. & Pro. class. Anyway, I believe that such an approach would help develop skills lawyers need when they practice.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
 
Anon.--

For crim. prac. and sentencing, I do rely on practical exercises for the majority of the grade. I came to this method because I don't think that traditional testing actually tested the skills I was trying to teach.

For PR, I use the traditional method because I hope it will work as extra practice for the MPRE. One of the fair criticisms I heard last year about the class was that it could have been more focused on the MPRE, and I took that to heart by changing the testing and focusing more on the ABA Model Rules.
 
Unless you want a sexual harrassment suit, don't call anyone "Sugar Bear."
 
In keeping with IP's tips, I would also avoid "Count Chocula" and "Flakey Grape Nut."
 
Silly rabbit.. trix are for kids...

I am going to have to protest.

Though GD3 does remind me of Tony the Tiger now that you mention it.
 
They are greeeeeeaaaaaaaaaat.
 
You didn't dash out? That brings me great joy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#