Monday, October 01, 2007

 

Arrrrrr! Now, I will take on all three branches of government at the same time!


I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow mornings arguments, when I will get a sense of whether or not the Supreme Court buys my arguments on the crack/powder ratio in the federal sentencing guidelines. Meanwhile, via this post on Doug Berman's sentencing blog, I see that my legislative proposal for reform of the crack laws (long story short: Longer sentences for big players, shorter for small-timers) came out today in the Federal Sentencing Reporter. Thus, I'm confronting all three branches of government at once-- The administrative branch (in the form of the DOJ) is the opponent before the Supreme Court (judicial branch), while the legislative reform suggestion hits the street.

Well, big whoop. Tom Brooke (IPLawGuy) told me today about a really incredible accomplishment: His Mom, Elizabeth Brooke, was named chief of the news desk at U.S. News and World Report. At age 75. That's an accomplishment!

Comments:
Osler, that picture looks like the bastard child of you and Cap'n Crunch.
 
Also, pirate Osler has lost an eye, an arm, and a leg-- one to each branch?

Maybe the executive branch poked him in the eye.
 
This is where you turn to the first mate and say, "Bring me me brown pants."
 
Thanks for announcing to the blogosphere that I'm 75. Now at least 25 people know my real age!
 
That's a great accomplishment, Ms. Brooke, no matter what age you are. Wow.
 
Doh! Sorry Ms. Brooke!
 
-My mother doesn't read this blog. (or if she does, she's never told me) She does read blogs about the Nationals, chats by Humor columnists and the Onion, but not this.

-She's proud of her age and would not mind in the slightest.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#