Wednesday, September 19, 2007

 

O.J. Simpson is back!


It's been tough the last few years, as fewer and fewer of my students have memories of the O.J. Simpson trial, thus depriving me of a good, easily-recognizable case study for class. [Also lost in the haze of time is the encounter Profs. Serr, Featherston, and I had with Marcia Clark in a Park City restaurant]

Fortunately, O.J. has obliged me with all-new material, as he is now charged (or, as Doug Berman might suspect, overcharged) with kidnapping and armed robbery in connection with the taking of, uh, O.J. Simpson memorabilia. There's a very sad undercurrent to the whole thing, of course, in that his acquittal of murder and the subsequent finding of civil liability for the same murders doesn't seem to have chastened him much.

Comments:
I agree about the sad undercurrent, and that he can't keep himself out of trouble. Especially at age 60 now. Kind of a sad way to live life, as someone with the good fortune he's had.
 
According to one of the people on the "news" show I listen to on the radio in the morning, Marcia Clark is now a reporter for Entertainment Tonight.
 
Oh good grief! As if going around with OJ the first time wasn't enough. You'd really think he would keep a low profile with his notoriety. Anyway, for me this is NOT news. It's dopey. It would be kind of ironic, however, if he did go to jail for stealing his own sports memoribilia...
 
Does Berman have some sort of arrangement with "The Golf Blog"? When I clicked on his links, I kept getting redirected there, even for the "comments" link.
 
He is a pathetic man. Scum, really. "If I Did It" is the definition of bad taste. Ugh! I get angry just thinking about it. Being arrested for essentially being a moron is actually a step up from that in my opinion.
 
1. You met Marcia Clark?? EWWW She seems creepy How was she? Is she normal? I thought sure he would go to jail for the murders..


2. OJ seems to just need attention and he may be overcharged here and it may have been a set up but its hard to be sympathetic. Everyone knows he killed those people, while his children slept upstairs.

3. The book is just the lowest thing ever.

The WORST part of all of this is that I now have to see a lot more of STAR JONES again. YECCH! Fat, Skinny Whatever she is EXTREMELY obnoxious to me.

SO shame on you OJ for a lot of things, but especially for the fact that STAR JONES is now on the TOday Shoe again. Blecch.
 
Do murderers often feel "chastened" when they are acquitted? When they, literally, get away with murder?
 
Anon-- no, but he should have been chastened by the civil verdict.
 
Yee-- I don't think Berman is a pathetic man just because he loves golf!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#