Thursday, September 27, 2007

 

Haiku Friday For the People!


If you were wondering, poetry night at Beatnix was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed Beatnix, and the work of the Thursday night regulars there. I would recommend it to anyone, and I plan to go back. I have to say, though, that it is hard to compete with a guy who reads from his own already-published book of poetry, then composes a poem to wrap things up that included all my offhand comments from the evening. Well played, Dean McCormick.

But now it is time for some haiku. Here are some themes:

1) Psalms
2) The Mock Trial Team Dungeons
3) I named my child "Trucker"
4) Texas A & M
5) Rita Moreno
6) The Rule Against Perpetueties
7) Multiple-choice exams
8) All you sucker M.C.'s are gonna get schooled!
9) The baseball playoffs
10) Youtube

Here is mine. It's kind of a summary, in haiku, of Psalm 51:

Oh, my transgressions!
Born guilty-- and got worse
Don't cast me away!

Please enter your haiku below, in the traditional 5 syllable/7 syllable/5 syllable format.

Comments:
Thank you, Mr. Youtube
For showing me America's
Very worst singers.
 
Yankees and Red Sox --
Hard to decide which is worse
Root for the D-Backs!
 
National Power?
our cheerleaders are cuter
and we're smarter too.

since nine-two we have
one bowl win; Aggie has 2
cock-a-diddle-ewe!
 
Into the valley
Of the Brazos I shall not
root for the Yankees.
 
Texas A&M
Sucks, so very, very hard!
Suck, suck, suck and suck!!
 
Baby boy "Trucker"
My benedition to you:
Keep on truckin', son!
 
Dada, here's the word
My kid, Heifer, will beat up
Your little wuss, Trucker.
 
Mets blow it again
Move on to hockey season
Go, New York Rangers!
 
Rockies, Cubs or Tribe
Someone new, maybe Phillies
Sick of Bosox, Yanks
 
Four spontaneous haikus from last night's poetry reading...

Doing the laundry.
Out you damn spot, out I say!
Hrm... I need more Shout.

My Rubbery Ducky -
Spinning about the drain hole.
Bath time is over.

Have class tomorrow.
Thankfully not with Osler.
Still haven't read yet.

Guy with his laptop -
You're interrupting poetry!
YouTube can wait, no?

And a new one this morning to make five...

"CLINK!" goes my tin cup.
The dungeon rats gnaw Baker.
He's hobbled and sweet.
 
How woman in red,
Curses out wild drummer in,
hot Spanish curses.
 
Medievalist knows
All that Rita was yelling
I can just guess, though.
 
RAP - my nemesis
Could never figure it out
Please explain Wilson.

Lives in being plus
Some twenty-one years it goes
That is all I know.

C in Property
Oh well, I still passed the bar
Now have swanky job

In town of the Nats
Where we hate all things New York
Go Red Sox. Go. Go.
 
Carpet truck demons!
Caprice-driving psychophants!
God, I hate PC.
 
Haiku Friday makes
me want to relive all the
post-P.C. dancing!

(as memorialized in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTbSL2wM0fk)
 
A & M will rule
Baylor sucks dog eggs
Y'all fall down.
 
Dog eggs? Dumb Aggie.
Dogs don't lay eggs. Franchione--
He lays eggs. Ha ha!
 
I hate SATs.
I'm a college counselor.
Need attitude change.
 
I can truly say
My cup runneth over. But
Kid named Trucker can't.
 
Aggie, let's face it
Your school is kinda bizarre
Howdy, big weirdness!
 
Nake on YouTube
The Masses Fixated
Shot Dead on YouTube
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#