Tuesday, September 18, 2007

 

Are those mountains? Or is it smog?


Things are going well here in Cali. Like all Detroiters, I am still kind of in awe at the presence of mountains, and quite can't believe they are real. I can see the Santa Monicas right now, in the distance, and it is mesmerizing.

As for the sentencing talk, that's going very well. This morning, a little spat broke out between Judge Gertner and Frank Bowman, in their well-intentioned way. Meanwhile, my role was more like lukewarm water between the fire and ice (in the words of Derek Smalls). I had a very nice lunch with Judge Gertner, who is continuing (as an adjunct) the sentencing class I took all those years ago at Yale Law.

Oooh-- gotta go. Snoop Dogg is "calling my cell phone" as they say out here.

Comments:
You makin' it home for you-know-who's birthday party tomorrow? Will it be handcuffs and crime scene tape again? Only the shadow knows. Good luck with American Airlines, by the way. Happy trails.
 
Osler: Snoop Dogg has your digits? Word.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#