Thursday, September 27, 2007

 

2-night's the night... for poetry!


Tonight is the big law school/business school poetry smackdown, and I'm still working up some new material. While I don't want to give too much away, here are some of the titles I have come up with:


Epic III, In Which Chicago Takes To His Hot Tub

Your Cross-Examination is Flaccid and Devoid of Content

Photos of Food and Swanburg

All 102 Midterm PR Grades-- in Haiku!

Lunch With Prof. Featherston, Einstein, Dick Cheney, and Ronnie James Dio

Bring Back My Condiments!

All this and more, tonight at 8 at Beatnix.

UPDATE: It sounds like Carver is going to show up and perform, too. All I can say is, dude, you better bring it. And wear the kilt.

Comments:
I hope the grading haiku goes like this:

AAAAA
AAAAAAA
AAAAA
 
Great. You wrote a poem about my cross examination exercise. Thanks a lot.
 
Will this qualify me for mock trial?
 
No, carver. The mock trial team is not allowed to attend the poetry slam. Coach keeps us locked in the law school's basement/dungeon working trying to figure out the proper timeline of the case.

He unlocks the shackles to allow us to attend class. And the moldy bread and water they feed us once a day keeps us in fighting shape.

Bet you didn't know AirBear works in the dungeon. But you probably could guess the BLS has a dungeon.
 
Baker.

For Shame.

At least you now have the code to the special "Mock Trial Team Dungeon"

All the implements of torture in there are nice stainless steel.

I'm still stuck in the room with the old rusty iron implements.

You get the prestige, I get the tetanus.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#