Sunday, August 26, 2007

 

Orientation!


One of my favorite tasks at work is addressing the new students at orientation. My assigned topic is "Training the Competent Practitioner," which allows for a lot of latitude. For years, this section was covered by Bill Underwood, who gave an extremely inspiring talk, but I've had to come up with my own take on the theme.

It is that day, orientation day, that always marks in my mind the new year-- a day of celebration, really. And I think this is going to be a good year.

Comments:
Osler, is that a picture of you? It really looks like you.
 
My advice to all incoming students is to start drinking heavily.
 
Anon 1:57--

Yes, that is me. I mean, me a long time ago, when I was in college. Good times. Except that one time we went to see Otis Day and the Knights...
 
I still can't believe those girls from Sweetbriar fell for that "I was engaged to Fawn Liebowitz" story you told after reading about her death in the kiln explosion.

But we never should have gone to the Dexter Lake Club.
 
Yeah, IPLG, the Dexter Lake Club was YOUR idea-- "They love us!" Uh-huh...
 
I remember the a case you assigned for us to read for orientation. You called on a GD3, and after he pronounced "wanton" like one would at a chinese restraunt, you made some biting quip. Oh fond memories.
 
"Can we dance wi' yo dates?"
 
"Grab a brew! (burp) Don't Cost nothin'..."
 
if i don't remind myself, i still pronounce it like won-ton (as opposed to won-ten).

*shrug* I have worse habits.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#