Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

Yow! Now that's a conference!


Former Baylor Law Professor Bill Underwood, now the president of Mercer University, has been busy pulling together a blockbuster conference in January/February, 2008 celebrating the New Baptist Covenant. As announced here, the conference will feature (among others):

Charles Adams
Tony Campolo
Jimmy Carter
Bill Clinton
Marian Wright Edelman
Al Gore
Senator Lindsey Graham
Senator Chuck Grassley
Mike Huckabee
Bill Moyers
Julie Pennington-Russell
William Shaw

Notably, this conference will bring together black and white Baptist groups as part of the New Baptist Covenant.

Comments:
Wow, that's amazing, at least the people I recognize. I'd go just to see Jimmy Carter, who's been my hero for all the things he's done since he left office.
 
Message to Iplaw:

Thanks so much for Joel!
He ROCKS!!!!

In return I will give my personal assurance that Iplawbaby will never be allowed to date Donut.
 
Donut couldn't handle Iplawbaby anyhow. She's pretty wild in her own way
 
Julie P-R is probably my favorite on that list.
 
Aaron--

I thought it was really cool to see her name on there, listed co-equally with the others. She does, apparently, rock the pulpit.
 
Does it not concern anyone that Nancy Grace is listed as a distinguished graduate of Mercer? Not something I would ever brag about...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#