Tuesday, June 12, 2007

 

Tyd's Salad Dressing Recipe

I moved this up from the comments section-- I realize I have been a little light on the recipes of late, and perhaps too heavy on the drivel.

Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette : Adapted from The Signature Room at the 95th, in Chicago. Makes about half a cup

1/2 garlic clove
1.5 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1.5 teaspoons mild honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1.5 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano

Blend all ingredients except oregano in a blender until combined well. Transfer to a bowl and stir in oregano, then season with salt and pepper.

Notes: if you are using a small food processor, like I did, make sure to slice up the garlic clove before pulsing or you will have a mess in your kitchen (because the garlic moved the blade up and leaked some dressing)--like I did. Also, I used 5 Tablespoons of EVOO, since I didn't have canola oil. And I used about a 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.

This dressing was really good! Lemony, not too garlicky really refreshing. Definitely worth making again

Comments:
Fun IP fact - you can't claim copyright protection for a recipe.
 
Warning I mean I LOVED Lemon Oregano vinaigrette when I had at the other night at this new restaurant and i emailed the chef guy and asked him for the recipe and he did not email me back... no unlike like PBS.

SO I have not made this yet... but I found this one online and it seems close.. and it looks exactly like the dressing I had it really is amazing If not, I have another one that I will try too.

I will try them both soon and get back to you.


Yes I am working now part time, and we are pretty much moved in now to Yuppie Central, and I have located my crock pot in the rubble, and thus I am back to my heinous experimental cooking, much to Bill's gastronomic horror.


THe menu for the rest of this week:

Cranberry Pork Chops TUES
Rosemary Cashew Chicken WED
Chinese Pork Ribs THURS
????? FRI

Friday maybe I will serve what they used to serve us a boarding school:

Sunday - Thursday, with Cheese on top, and Duck Field Rice.

Duck Field Rice, is really some kind of rice Pilaf stuff, white and green its good, but we got sick of it... It got its name because there were these stupid geese that lived next to the dorm on Kingswood Lake, and they honked all day and night and they pooped everywhere... and everyone called that field the "Duck Field" even though they were geese, because it was always covered in goose poop.

That rice looked sort of uhmmm like it might have once resided in a goose.


well that is just disgusting, isn't it?

OH I forgot to mention the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Recipe of the day ( I made it for dinner tonight):

Cherry Tomato Crisp.

NOT GOOD.

I hate you, Martha Stewart.
 
I like the recipe, although the use of the acronym "EVOO" is an obvious reference to the spawn of the devil, Rachel Ray, which I cannot countenance. She is the most untalented and annoying personality (notice I did not say cook or chef) around.
 
Yo, Osler howz about giving us your take on the Soprano's finale...as a former Fed Prosecutor, you have to be a fan, right?
 
OK for the record, I copied the recipe from the internet word for word, including the helpful tips at the end..

and I would NEVER EVER use the acronym EVOO...


and to me Rachel Ray might be an okay person but to me her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard. ANd I agree that she MAY very well me the spawn of the devil. or maybe some kind of hideous affair between Martha Stewart and Atilla the Hun.
 
Tyd,
I thought we agreed that Nancy Grace was the most irritating person on television.
 
Nancy Grace and Rachel Ray are the same person. It's just different make-up and stuff.
 
Re copyright protection for recipes--THANK GOD! I've been copying other people's recipes and passing them off as my own forever!
 
nancy grace IS Rachel ray but with a blonde helmet-head Wig.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#