Thursday, June 21, 2007

 

Thanks for a Blaine-tastic Week!


One of the things I have learned in my brief period as a teacher is that there are other people who are better at it than I am, especially in those areas in which I don't know much. For example, negotiation. Sure, I've done a lot of it, but never really knew how to do it.

Solution: Blaine McCormick, Assoc. Dean over at the Hankamer School of Business here at Baylor. Besides being the author of several books which are actually interesting (including "Ben," which Amazon intriguingly describes as having been written by Ben Franklin and Blaine McCormick), Blaine is a great teacher and an expert on negotiation. We have been working for some time on developing a training process for plea negotiations, and this was our first full run at it. We spent the week with my criminal practice class applying the principles of negotiation to the criminal context, and it went very well. Next time will be even better.

One of the great things about teaching at a place like Baylor is the ability to have people like Dr. McCormick cross the street and improve what I do.

Comments:
McCormick rules. We love him at the Biz School.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#